This is a very short and to-the-point guide, with information included in a Suaoki Flexible Solar Panel review.
SUAOKI SOLAR is one the newer brands to introduce solar panels to the flexible solar panel range.
We discuss the 100 watt solar panel in particular, including uses, benefits, and drawbacks.
Let’s have a look at it now…
What’s Good About This 100 Watt Panel?
- Film material is bendable up to a stated 30 degrees > better for curved and uneven surfaces than solid panels
- One of the cheaper flexible solar panels on the market
- Water resistant
- Suaoki claim a maximum 23-25% efficiency of this panel
- Has pre fabricated metal ring mounts that you can put temporary, or permanent fixings through
- Easier than solid 100 watt panels to transport, hang, and remove – can even hang on a camping tent > VERY portable
- Can be used in a number of applications – boats, cabins, tents, cars/SUV’s, vans, motorbikes and Rv’s
- 100 Watt panel – good size for most singular 12 volt batteries which need 12.6 volts max charge
- Made of thin PET, EVA and TPT material – very lightweight at 4.85lbs
- 18 volt panel – will need a solar controller/regulator to charge a 12 volt battery
- Make sure you have enough space on the surface you want to hang or fix it – dimensions are 43.3 x 22.4 x 0.1 inches
- Has 31.5 inch long cables with MC4 connectors
- CE and ROHS certifications
- Can be used with a cheaper PWM solar controller
What Isn’t So Great, And Could Be Improved?
- Thin film material is more susceptible to sharp objects and rough surfaces than the solid panels – but, it’s still fairly durable to general surfaces
- Can’t mount this panel on an adjustable tilt rack, or a pole mount > this is more a surface mounting panel
- Pay attention to the key specifications of this panel – particularly the limitations on the maximum system voltage at 600volts
- Suaoki are not a company that specialise in only solar – they aren’t as established as a company like Renogy for example. This isn’t an issue in itself – but it will be interesting to see how long they offer their solar product for, and whether they develop them any further
What Other Accessories/Devices Might You Need With This Panel?
- Solar Charge Controller – Mohoo 20A Charge Controller with Intelligent USB Port Display 12V-24V
- Cable Connectors – Sun YOBA 5 Pairs of MC4 Male/ Female Solar Panel Cable Connectors
What Could Be Improved With Their Solar Panel Products?
This is not necessarily a problem with Suaoki, it’s an issue with all all flexible solar panel manufacturers.
Flexible solar panels are much newer technology that the rigid/solid solar panels. With this in mind, the companies manufacturing them have not had as much time to develop them and establish a high quality product.
The panels will certainly charge your 12 volt battery, or batteries, if that is your main purpose.
But, there’s definitely room for improvement in overall quality of this product and others on the market.
Potential issues can include bubbles appearing in the plastic, loose cables in the junction box, inconsistent packing/delivery – but these aren’t regular issues.
Also, be mindful of who you purchase the product from. Suaoki offer a 1 year warranty – so make sure that is guaranteed for you.